Friday, January 19, 2007

Guess who I talked to the other day...

...Stanley Gordon West, the author of Until They Bring The Streetcars Back. When I found out he lives in Shakopee, I decided to contact him and tell him about our field trip. I left a message at the publishing company and then Stan himself called me back.

He seemed like a really nice guy, and we chatted for quite a while. I think he was thrilled to get the call! He said if we liked the Streetcar book, we should read the other two in the trilogy (did you know it was a trilogy?) which have Sandy as more of a major character.

I asked him about what he is working on now. He told me that one of his more recent books is probably going to be made into a movie, and he is so busy with that and promoting the other books, that he doesn't have any time to write.

I got his mailing address and I'm going to send him a photo of the book club in front of the street car.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

That's awesome! Go You! Be sure to tell him about the blog, maybe he would even leave a comment!
I love it that we read the book, got a personal tour of streetcars, and let the author know! Whoa, enough exclamation points.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home