Monday, November 20, 2006

December 11 at the Lake Harriet streetcar barn

I confirmed everything with Bill, and we can meet at the Minneapolis streetcar barn for our next meeting, December 11th. As long as there isn't a lot of snow on the tracks, we can go for a ride. In case of snow, we can still meet there, and climb around in the car and hear about how they restored it. Dress warmly!

The streetcar barn is on the west side of Lake Harriet. The boarding platform is by the corner of 42nd Street and Queen Ave South. (Map) If you look down the tracks to the south, you will see the barn.

Afterward, we could go to the nearby Dunn Brothers at 2814 West 43rd Street, have some cocoa and warm up.

One more thing - the streetcars are run by the Minnesota Streetcar Museum. They usually charge $55 for a private tour, which helps to fund the renovation and maintenance. Do you think we can pitch in for that?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

I certainly think we can pitch in to come up with at least $55!

Thanks for organzing this -- I'm super excited!

Jane

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, yay!!! I am totally in. I have that day off, and may spend it getting into character. Any word on the book situation, or should I scavenge the world for my own copy?

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home