Tuesday, September 19, 2006

November 12th: Are you there God?

It's me, Margaret!!! Is anyone else slightly dreading the November meeting? On one hand, from this distance the awkwardness of puberty seems like it might be good for some laughs. On the other hand...do I have to talk about, um, woman things? With a group of people I don't know very well? Granted, seven months ago I had a complete stranger's hand all the way up my you-know-what, (and meanwhile I was carrying on a cheery conversation with her about why she quit her job at 3M), but that was The Miracle Of Birth, and that is different.

So, as I said to that nice lady who left 3M to go to nursing school, please be gentle. We have to make it a rule: nobody gets made fun of for what a dork they were in junior high.

Our next meeting is the second Monday of November, the book is a pre-teen classic, and I don't think we decided where we are gathering yet...? I will try to think of some theme related snacks. :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - I sure missed a lot, huh? How did we come to decide on Judy Blume?? My mom didn't allow me to read this book in the 4th grade and I don't think she'll approve now...I hope there's not a waiting list at the library for this one.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

I am so excited to go back middle school. Oh, the joy of back-stabbing, gossip, clippings of hotties in lockers, bad hair, acne, braces, and note passing! I can't wait.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Another book idea -- 'All the King's Men' by Robert Penn Warren. It's pretty intense and not a happy book, but it would be fun to read and then go see the movie.

11:32 AM  
Blogger smarty said...

hhhhmmmmm, i feel a bit old. i don't remember this book at all. oh well.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Well it's not Superfudge, but it will do! I propose that for this book club we all have to bring a picture of ourselves in middle school.

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like, I am so excited that I get to, like, come back to book club in November! I think our book choice is rad, and I can't wait to, like, talk about it and stuff.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home